Your car’s brakes are one of the most important safety features of your car – that’s why it’s vital that they are working properly at all times. How can you ensure that your brakes are well maintained and functioning at their best?
Here’s a list of 5 important warning signs that may indicate that your car is in need of brake repair:
- Are they making noise? If you are hearing screeching, grinding, squeaking, or other unusual noises when you press the brake pedal, it’s time to have your brakes evaluated by a professional as soon as possible. Just like tire tread, brake component wear down over time and will need to be replaced in order to stay effective.
- Are your warning lights on? Modern vehicles are equipped with a brake warning light on the dashboard to let you know when there is an issue with your brakes. This light commonly means that your brake fluid is low. It’s important to have your brake line inspected to ensure that there is not a leak somewhere along the line and to have your brake fluid level topped off.
- Do you feel vibrations while braking? If you have noticed a vibration while pressing on the brakes, this could be a sign of worn brakes and an indication that it’s time for repair or replacement.
- Do you feel pulling when you brake? If your car is pulling to one side when you brake, then it’s time to have your brakes checked.
- Is your brake pedal “spongy” when you press it? If your brake pedal feels spongy, squishy, or you must press the pedal further than normal in order to stop, then it’s time to get to a professional and have your brakes inspected ASAP!
At Arbor Auto Works, we are here to help you with all of your brake repair issues. Contact a friendly member of our team today.